- Age / Gender:
- 21, Male
- Moscow, Russia
- All Stats >
I'm not an animator, not a programmer and not an artist. I'm not willing to cooperate with anyone. Leave.
- Community Stats
Level 10 Blank Slate
Ranked as Town Watch
Contact Info / Websites
It's 2016 coming on streets in Russia, and it's mfking cold (-13 C), so I wish everyone have a good day/night, full of magical surprises, candy, presents, guns and blood!
This year was relatively productive for me, but not even near as much as I wanted.
Will edit later.
THIS IS MY LAST YEAR IN UNIVERSITY AND I'M GETTING A JOB, UH-HUH? I'm going to be really busy. IT-specialist. No practical skills at anything. Finding a job is going to be haaaaaaaaaaard
I LOVE DRAWING SMALL TINY CUTE BOOTS THEY'RE SO SMALL AND CUTE LIKE OOOH MY GOOOOD
I left Russian Madness community on November 22, where I was the most active and supportive member, teacher, supervisor and an administrator. It was hard to depart. But at least I got constant spare time on my hands.
Stuff drawn for DinoTheCat. He drew eyes for the mage guy, but I've lost them. If he reads this, I'd like to get them...
Drew "Driver" character for Sergeant MacWrecker. From left to right: original character version, Mister4y concept art of the new version, the new version.
Sprite drawn as birthday present for P3M, Prophet from Modern Warfare 3:
I WILL SHOW YOU NOW WHY I FAILED TO MAKE A PART FOR ESHIO'S PROJECT: INFECTED COLLAB 2 THIS YEAR. LOOK!! LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF SPRITES THAT I ACCUMULATED FOR IT DURING ENTIRE SUMMER!!! AND IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH... It was just way over my head. I feel my own limits like never before.
You can't have any of the above sprites. They belong to other people and I no longer communicate with them.
You can get the above sprites here: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/b5347afffd7baa344c98fa4c27c2f46d
I noticed that I reuse them a lot, so it WASN'T DONE IN VAIN HOORAY
Working on three projects:
1) Kiloru is still working on an oldschool pixel adventure RPG "Overstay" and I'm helping with coding. If you need a tile-based level editor or a pathfinding algorithm which supports varying cost of travel, A* heuristics, character of sizes greated than 1 and may travel in any direction when possible, not just 8 or 4, contact me.
2) Deshiel, a composer hobbyist, started a platformer-brawler project for God knows what reason and he took his acquaintances as teammates, including me on the coding. It's going to be about demons rebelling against humans for anti-magic laws. The artist for the game is chosen to be BakayaroDaWickrayz. Check his gallery and you will see he draws mostly girls in anime style. Not really fit to draw for games. We're going to have a hard time pulling this off. And Deshiel wants the project to be huge. Umm, as if I have nothing else to do? Suuure. If this Bakayaro guy is good, then I'm staying. So far it appears as totally not worth it, no one has any ideas about the gameplay, but Deshiel did pump up a few cool ideas for the lore in general (magical tattoos that give magical power to the user, bracelets which you are forced to wear that limit your magical ability, etc).
3) llceSarll, a talented artist and designer, has provided me with Madness-styled animations and level designs for a stealth platformer game about his Sehuj character. His ideas are good and it is going to be worth the programming. I may do this for Madness Day 2016. Will start in February.
I'm slowly learning to draw in Paint Tool SAI. But my general lack of skill in drawing is severely limiting. Goood I HATE DRAWING PEOPLE. I WANT TO DRAW THINGSSSSsss. I'm still unable to see the picture as a whole, I only see particular details.
If you're a Madness Combat animator, then I may have a few Flash extensions that will really help you animate:
- Automatic Flying Shell Animator: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/74368b485829db7c817792fdafaf9f5a
When a gun shoots, a shell flies out, right? This thing automates the process. It works a bit subpar, but does the job. Instructions for installation and use are included. Requires Extension Manager installed.
- Follow.jsfl. Allows you to paste a symbol into an animation. If your character got shot and you forgot to put a wound on him/her, you can add it after the character falling/death animation was already done. You retain the ability to move the wound on every frame as you like after the running the script. So it can also be used for dangling objects such as long hair or huge tits.
- Swap, delete and separate. When you have a, let's say, weapon reloading animation and you forgot to pull the magazine out, now you can select the animation frames that need correction, select the magazine symbol in the library and it will be deleted. Or you can swap the gun with a version without magazine in all frames.
If you have animated a character who carries a long weapon on his back, and weapon is supposed to display under his feet while the body above them, you can now first animate the body+weapon and then separate the two symbols onto different layers.
- LibrarySearch. Type a word or select a symbol on stage and the script will select it in the library automatically.
- Automatically rename all your library symbols so they don't conflict when your part is put into a collab.
- Convert selected frames into a symbol. For example, this can be used to put a filter on your entire animation.
- PasteInsideInPlace. Allows you to take a wound, dirt or blood patch or whatever on the stage and paste it into a rotated/resized character body or head symbol, etc. It's like regular "Paste in place", but takes rotation and scaling of target symbol into account.
- ColorifyLayers. You can select multiple layers and choose a color for their "outline" mode at once. Good for organizing.
- InsertFramesAllLayers. Makes all layers have equal number of frames, in case when one of them has more than the others.
All these commands work on symbols or grouped symbols, they don't work on shapes or grouped shapes. Check your sprites: double click on a hand or whatever and look at the top, if it says "Group" and you can drag the lines and fills around then it's a grouped shape, not a symbol. Shapes first need to be converted into symbols.
To install this command pack, follow these steps:
- Download the pack and unzip: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/44ab16194eab2f298230895bce0a79b0
- Make sure Flash is running and double-click the "traceConfigURI.jsfl". Or drag and drop it onto Flash shortcut.
- An Output panel should show in Flash. If you don't see it, go to Window-->Output. Copy the text it shows.
- In Flash, go to File-->Open, it will display file selection dialog. Into the address bar (see picture http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/702e7a3fa79ad7d8e136bad28cf75a4e) paste the path that you copied from the Output panel. Right-click on emptyness, choose New-->Text Document. Using drop list to the right from file name input field, make Flash show "All Files (*.*)" and then open the text document you created in Flash. You may now delete the text document, it's no longer needed.
- Open the unzipped directory which contains the commands and copy everything inside except for "Shell Animator.swf".
- In Flash, go to File-->Open again, navigate to the "Commands" sub-directory and paste into it. At this point it may throw an error, if that's so, then I'm sorry for you, you can't install the commands. If successfull, all files will appear in the file list. Click Cancel.
- From the unzipped folder containing all commands, copy "Shell Animator.swf", in Flash go to File-->Open, navigate to "..Configutation/WindowSWF/" and paste into it. Restart Flash.
- To check that everything is installed, hover your mouse over Commands top menu bar in Flash, and a list of all commands should appear there.
- You may assign shortcut keys to commands for faster access. Do this in Edit-->Keyboard shortcuts.
Instructions on how to use every command are included in a README.txt file inside the zip file.
The test which I made during the night-morning between 31'st December and 1'st January. My own and dearest present to myself - a rare work that I created simply because I wanted to.
Kiloru and DinoTheCat both had brithdays in October, tests made as presents for them:
I forgot to upload some stuff from March 2014. Better late than never, right?
That's all! Have a GREAT YEAR everyone! No matter how bad of a person you are.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 587 (From 92 different games.)